Encouraging Good Attendance
We understand the impact good attendance and punctuality has on our children’s learning and we believe in rewarding good attendance and punctuality to engage and motivate our children. We have many initiatives to support and celebrate attendance and punctuality so that it remains a high profile in school and with our families.
Some of the ways in which we promote and celebrate good attendance and punctuality:
- Whole school celebration assembly weekly to award the class with the best attendance a trophy and certificate.
- All classroom doors have an Attendance poster called ‘the Scores on the Doors’ which is updated weekly with the class’ attendance.
- Every year group has a thematic attendance board to record individual classes’ weekly attendance percentage.
- At the end of the year, the class with the best attendance for the year wins a prize.
- At the end of the year, every child who has achieved 100% attendance is rewarded.
- Individual Class attendance is shared on the weekly school newsletter.
- For those children who require support on an individual basis, a bespoke reward system is in place.